Monday, December 20, 2010

Handmade Holiday: a quilt-taggie for James

I've never understood the concept of "taggie blankets". They've always seemed too small and a bit strange to me. But a few weeks ago, we were over at a friend's house and James found her baby's taggie and went nuts grabbing and eating it. So, I figured he must like them!

quiltag front

quiltag back

I pieced together a 15" patchwork square, stitched it up with a larger piece of the Christmas fabric for the back along with batting and loops of ribbon, then quilted it in echo squares. Photos taken a little too quickly before wrapping, but I figure this is the best it will ever look! I hope James likes it.

1 comment:

susan s. said...

Love it! I hope you'll be able to get it away from him long enough to wash it! Maybe you should make two so he will have a substitute from the start.