Tuesday, August 9, 2011

wedding wrap

wedding wrap

wedding wrap detail

wrapped

Seascape Stole knit in Rowan Kidsilk Haze on size 6 needles, modeled by Miranda.

This one has been a long time in the making! I originally started knitting this lace stole shortly after the pattern was published in Knitty (summer 2008), with the intention of wearing it to Sean's brother Daniel's wedding. As I worked along on it, it became obvious that even if I dedicated every free moment to working on this project (and there weren't a lot of free moments, I started this when Henry was three months old!), I just wasn't going to finish it in time. So I put it away. Over the last three years, I've fished it out of my "to finish" bin several times, and each time I've put it back, since I didn't have an occasion to wear it. This spring, Danny Shoup announced his engagement, and suddenly my hibernating project came back to life. I picked up where I'd left off and finished the second half of the stole over the last two months, inspired to really finish by the deadline for entry into the Lane County Fair.

(ravelry link)
(knitty link)